September 10, 2007

and the drama continues...

The other night, I met my non-ex's friend, John (I consider him my friend also) for drinks at Hobson's Choice on Haight. We're chatting about relationships and just "shooting the shit" when the non-ex wants to meet for drinks. He's unaware that I'm with John right now and when he's told of that, he changes his mind. I think nothing of it.

Today, I get the following txt:
"Hey do me a favor try not to hang out with my friends. I don't go looking up yours. If I'm such a terrible friend my friends are too.
That really pisses me off. Your a hypocrit."

So I respond with the following:
"What the fuck is your problem? Your friends can decide for themselves who they want to hang with. If this is an issue, go talk to john about it. You have no respect for me so I have none for you."

He shoots off a glaringly insecure response that screams immature school yard tantrum:
"I will. I think we know who he will choose? Don't we.
Don't kid yourself."

I won't respond back and will let this be. All I could do was laugh and call up friends and tell them of the latest drama. The unfortunate thing is that I lost a potential friend in John to the non-ex's childish behavior. But his anger just confirmed my original decision and I'm seeing the non-ex in such a negative light that I'm thankful I am free of him.

No comments: