July 25, 2006

Lowering expectations

I've moved on and will keep moving on ahead with this whole dating issue, if you can really call it that. I decided to email a handful of guys (about seven) on match, whom I've chosen, and three responded back. Pretty good odds, I think. Last week, I had two separate dates with two different men and the third slowly in the works has placed me in a good mind set.

Dating can be fun if you lower your expectations. I lowered them. Not by much but enough not to get caught up in emotional attachment. In the end, I made one friend and I'm casually seeing the other. It's actually rather fun. I'm still going to keep my options open and email a new group of guys and try speed dating next month. I wouldn't want to cut myself off too soon.

No comments: