September 12, 2005

As I sit here exhausted

Physically and emotionally, I've been on a roller coaster since last week and I still feel the remaining aftereffects. I don't want to feel this way. I hate feeling this way. I am in a push and pull state of mind.

Last week, I bought into hope and acted selfishly and had my feelings hurt by Chris again. He didn't mean it but yet, it was wrong of him and of me. It is pointless to re-iterate what was discussed on IM other than that hindsight is 20/20 and I hope I learned something from this. What is done is done and I had placed myself on the chopping block, got hurt, and I have no one to blame but myself.

My friend, Max, whom I have closely discussed my past relationships with, is like-minded in a lot of ways. We are going through similar situations and yet, he has a better grip on things than I do and I am so grateful for the advice he has given me thus far. I should be taking note of his self-help book suggestions that seem to have helped him. Is it any wonder how relationships can be so complicated for some but not for others?

1 comment:

Amir said...

Hey, I completely understand you. We all go through some tough times, and what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Excuse me while I indulge in a cliche, maybe you could get over the cheesiness of it and indulge in it with me. LOL. Keep you chin up. :)