That's exactly how I have been feeling since August 6th. What was supposed to be a fun, entertaining post birthday celebration of flying around the bay area and watching a Giants game with Alfred turned into a reality wake up call for me. I had my emotions pummeled, my feelings mocked and deflated, and my overall sense of self worth thrown around like a piece of overused trash. And that's putting things lightly.
Time has healed the wounds and I'm not as angry and hurt as I was on that drama-filled Monday. The writing was on the wall, so to speak, and I'm finally seeing the impossibility of remaining friends with someone who treats me with little respect. I have decided to terminate my friendship with Alfred. I had enough of him and his toxic behavior has put a damper on my moralistic views. An on/off relationship of one year with someone who is irresponsible and childish is now over. I wash my hands clean of him.

No comments:
Post a Comment