September 26, 2006

dating? no, just hanging out


I'm becoming emotionally attached to this boy above. This is good, yet it's not. I don't want to become attached. I don't want to get hurt. I like this guy and we always have a good time together. Maybe one or two argumentative discussions, most of which were initiated by me, but otherwise, we spend time together three times a week and every weekend. I sleep over on occasion. He treats me like his girlfriend, yet we don't discuss it. Actually, I'm afraid to bring it up and scare him off.

So, this past weekend, I sent out my feelers and dropped hints on where our relationship is going. I went so far as asking him if we are dating. His response? No, we are not dating. He doesn't agree with placing labels on relationships. He calls it "hanging out". As in, "I'm just hanging out with you and having a good time". That is it. Lack of committment on his part. Not exactly what I was hoping for but it is what it is. Does this give me license to hang out with other people? Sure, why not? After all, we are not dating. We are not exclusive. We don't have a "couple" relationship. We are, in a nutshell, hanging out.

No comments: