April 10, 2006

Team relays are great fun!

I had such a blast this weekend running the Organs R' Us relay from Calistoga to Santa Cruz with my team, I'm already ready to do it again. We placed 32nd out of 106 in 28:08 hours.

My van members were rocking, full of spirit and energy, and fast on their feet! I did my best 10k times on my assigned legs and it was awesome. I felt great. I looked like shit from lack of sleep and decent meals though. Met some great people and hope to keep in touch with them all in the future.

Surprisingly, my knees held up even though my last leg through Los Altos started to wear on me. I dropped the relay bracelet with a mile to go and had to backtrack the course to find it. That really put a damper on my mental psyche. All in all, we did very well and I'm glad the weather turned for the better.

Now, I have to concentrate on the Big Sur relay in three weeks...

No comments: