March 23, 2006

Getting it all together

Three more days before my first open house. How exciting! Despite the stress I've been going through day in and day out leading up to the big day, I'll be relieved when it's all over. But will it be over? Ha! Fat chance! I still have to clean my bathroom and kitchen and do a quick once over through the rest of the house on Saturday.

And I nearly cracked when I returned home from work yesterday to find my poor doggie had a terrible case of diahhrea in the family room. I have never seen so much poop come out of one dog. Masses of it, in several piles and one on the kitchen floor too! I had to hunt around the house, sniffing here and there to find any stray poop I might not have noticed. The stench wasn't beyond unbearable because it must have happened within the hour or so. I nearly cried and thought "why does this shit always happen to me?" (no pun intended) but I quickly got it together and went to work cleaning up the mess before the stains started to settle in permanently.

In any case, I spent the rest of the evening cauking every trim corner around the house as a meditative exercise in relaxation. It worked splendidly.

Sometimes I wonder if someone's out to make my life as difficult as possible just to see how much I can take... Or maybe I just put this on myself. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, I suppose.

No comments: