February 07, 2006

Now that was odd..

I thought I posted the other day but it looks like I haven't. I must have been zoning out and hit the cancel button by mistake.

There is definitely a communication lag between the team manager and the rest of us volunteers. It's almost annoying. I have to sit around, check my mail every hour or so, waiting and waiting for some confirmation to my question or weekly update so I can get the posts on the team website and take care of business. I know this is volunteer work but as the web captain, I need to be "on the ball" and not slack. I have to put on a good show, nevertheless. Start of the season, new person on the block, etc, etc.

Anyhow, my left knee is doing much better. I swear, it might have been my running shoes. So, I bought a new running pair as well as walking shoes because they were on sale. What a difference new shoes make. No pain nor noticeable soreness in the knees. I can walk without a limp. I'm doing ok. But I'm not going to jinx my luck and run just yet. There's an ounce of will power in me to keep myself from running amuck (pun intended).

And I've got a semi-pseudo, friendly dialogue going with the recent ex. Sort of like old times but not. I've moved on and have been eyeing the cute, tall guy on my team. Unfortunately, so is my other fellow mentor and she's got one leg up on me since he's HER mentee. Sucks...

No comments: