January 24, 2006

To each their own

Yes, I like to take on extra work and the feeling of being overwhelmed is a bit exhilarating for me. I suppose being busy and doing something, anything, makes me feel alive; as though I am living life and not wasting any precious time.

And this was my explanation to the TnT manager who, being a little scattered, stressed and disorganized, suggested that I pass my web captain responsibilties to another person so I can concentrate on being a mentor. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm fine and the extra volunteer work is manageable and I'm a time management guru with an incredible knack of squeezing as many activities into a 24 hour period without losing necessary sleep.

Eventually, I'll get tired of hearing concerned friends and family tell me that "I'm doing too much" or "I'm going to burn myself out and become a waste of a human being." Call me crazy, or that's what my ex's have said to me. But hey, I can cut it and they can't. To each their own, I say.

No comments: