I had another stress-induced breakdown last night and had myself a "let-it-all-out" cry before I composed myself and gave the world the bird. If it's not one thing that goes wrong, it's something else. I really believe that some higher being above must loathe me enough to wreck havoc on my life this year.
I returned home last night after what I thought was a much needed vacation in Honolulu to support my TnT mates during their marathon run last Sunday only to find my house is sub-below freezing, the phone line is dead, my landscaper left all the old fencing on my side of the backyard, and I have a shitload of work that needs to be taken care of before my planned holiday party this Sat. I'm exhausted and tired and bruised up from my less than exciting trip (another series of backlogged stories to tell) and there isn't a moment of peace for me in sight. Or at least not until next year.
I can't imagine how anyone can stand up to this much pressure and stress that I have a tendency to put upon myself. No wonder Chris and everyone else I know have mentioned that I look "thinner" these days. It's not a complement for me. I'm already a stick and if I become any thinner, I'll surely fall through a crack in the sidewalk and disappear into the depths of hell. Maybe I deserve to be there. At least it's warmer than where I am now and I can pretend I'm back in Hawaii lying on the beach soaking up more cancer rays and turning brown by the minute.

No comments:
Post a Comment