June 30, 2005

Not a smooth operator

I met Chris for sushi last evening in Burlingame. We had a good time and talked about our relationship a bit more among other things. He does tend to talk too much sometimes. I asked him about his pub trivia or maybe he brought it up. I can't recall but since Wed is pub trivia night, he said that he wasn't planning to go anyway since most of his friends weren't able to make it either. In other words, he was glad that I asked him for dinner that night since he didn't have any plans. Well, that was nice of him to say. I suppose I should be happy that he didn't have pub trivia after all. Lucky me.

Well, I guess the next Wednesday when I know he will have pub trivia, I'll ask Chris if he would like to meet for dinner or movie and see if he brushes me off for pub trivia. Then I'll know where his priorities are. Gee, the things he tells me sometimes. Not a very smooth operator.

I was discussing this with a coworker of mine and from what I have been telling her about him recently, she gathered that he needs validation from his friends to feel secure in his decisions. The maturity level is awfully high on this one. How fortunate for me.

No comments: