May 09, 2005

I can not believe my luck last Friday

Or can I? Maybe it's not luck at all. I must have had some devious plan worked out in my subconscious and once everything fell into place, I would have Chris in my bed before the night was over. And I did. Sometimes, I amaze myself.

My dates usually go fairly smoothly without a hitch or an accident. If anything, my outings are mellow and even uneventful. Nothing to write at home about or even worth mentioning to more than several people. But this, this is a story to tell.

To recap on my exciting, dating life. Last Friday, I met Chris on our first, real date since the last meeting was really a "meet and greet" and so it didn't count. He invited me to the Giants vs. Nationals game and I wholeheartedly agreed along with dinner and whatever else we could do in the city that wouldn't set us back too much.

We met, ate dinner at Amici's Pizza across from the ball park before heading up to our seats to watch the game. Halfway through the 5th inning, he asked me if I wanted to leave. At first, I thought he wanted to stay and watch the game but then I finally got the hint that he wanted to spend time with me alone and not in a ball park full of people. I'm so dense, sometimes.

So, he drives me to my work so I can pick up my stuff, then I suggest we go to the Cliff House and to take the King St. onramp to 280S. Within 100 yards onto the ramp, we hit a down lamp post in the left lane and find ourselves with two flat tires on the driver side. Then we look around and realize that we weren't the only ones that have flat tires. Four vehicles before us hit the same lamp post. And we were not the last, either. About 20 more cars, one after another hit the lamp post and got flats within a fifteen minute period.

I felt terrible about it all. Two flats at 9:30pm and a tow truck that came but then left and then returned an hour and a half later to finally pick us up to tow Chris' Jeep to the shop on S. Van Ness. You would think that things couldn't have happened at a worst time and on a first date. I must have been a curse and I thought he probably thought that I cursed him, too. But he was really calm considering our situation and I was suprisingly calm, also.

We were both in our own thoughts trying to figure out how to get ourselves home and have his jeep fixed and if we needed to call people for help. Then I figured the best plan was to have his vehicle towed to the bodyshop, left there overnight, have him come with me so I can pick up my vehicle at the bart station and drive us to my home. He can spend the evening at my place and then I can drive him back into the city the next morning so he can get his jeep fixed. It was rather simple, if you think about it. And that's exactly what we did and everything turned out great.

And now, we are exclusively dating. Odd, how everything fell into place. And it's great and it's comfortable and I am happy. Life is good.

No comments: